How to activate Windows 10 with OEM/Retail Key?
Before you begin, make sure to download and install correct edition of Windows 10. Activate with following steps after the installation is complete:
- Go to ‘Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > System‘ and click ‘Activate Windows‘ or ‘Change Product Key‘.
- Click ‘Activation‘ and enter the Product Key you bought. Now your Windows 10 has been successfully activated.
To check activation status in Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
Why Windows 10 is The Best
Why You Should Upgrade to Windows 10
- The Start Button is Back and is Actually Helpful. The Start menu in Windows 10 has similarities to its counterpart in Windows 7 but also has some surprises, more customizable.
- Cortana: the personal assistant for Windows 10. Cortana is easily one of the coolest new features of Windows 10.
- Action Center: the new action center is where you’ll find app notifications and quick actions.
- R.I.P. Media Center: Windows Media Player in Windows 10 can copy your CDs to your PC as MP3 files, the industry standard for digital music.
- Windows Edge: Microsoft Edge is faster, safer & gives you longer battery life. Stream 4K & take notes on web pages.
- Universal Apps with Universal Windows Platform (UWP): You can develop apps for UWP with just one API set, one app package, and one store to reach all Windows 10 devices – PC, tablet, phone, Xbox, HoloLens, Surface Hub and more.
- Multitask with the Task View Feature: Snapping in Windows 10 a great way to use your screen real estate more efficiently if you have several apps open. T
- Microsoft Office Apps: Microsoft is now making available the full (Win32) desktop versions of the Office apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Publisher, in the Windows Store for devices running Windows 10 S.
- Security: Windows 10 is the most secure version of Windows yet! With built in security tools, like Windows Defender, BitLocker, & more, your information is protected.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 Home ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. You have to download Media Creation Tool
1. Run the media creation tool.
2. Select Create installation media for another PC.
3. Select the language, edition and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
4. Follow the steps to create the installation media, then select Finish when it’s done.
5. When you’re ready to perform a clean installation, turn on your PC, insert the DVD or USB flash drive you created, then shut down your PC.
6. Restart your PC, then press any key to boot from the DVD or USB flash drive.
If you restart your PC and your current version of Windows starts, you might have to open a boot menu or change the boot order in your PC’s BIOS or UEFI settings so that your PC boots from the media.
To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you’ll typically need to press a combination of keys (such as F2, F12, Delete or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC.
For instructions on changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or goes to the manufacturer’s website.
If changing the boot menu or order doesn’t work, try again by signing in to Windows, shutting down, then starting your PC.
7. On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, then select Next.
8. Select Install Windows.
9. On the Enter the product key to activate Windows page, enter your product key.
10. On the Licence terms page, if you accept the license terms, select I accept the license terms, then select Next.
11. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, select Custom.
12. On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, select the partition that you want, select the formatting option that you want to perform (if needed), then follow the instructions.
13. When you’ve finished formatting, select Next.
14. Follow the rest of the setup instructions to finish installing Windows.
If Windows isn’t able to activate online, you’ll have the option to activate Windows 10 using an automated phone system.
1.Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “R” to open the “Run” window.
2.Note: Another way to open the run Windows is from within the start menu of the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 system.
3.Write in the “Run” window the following command: “SLUI 4”.
4.Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
5.You will now have a “Phone Activation” window in front of you.
6.In the window, you will need